X server and xinit works excellent....almost.

Michael Cardell Widerkrantz mc at hack.org
Thu Nov 10 10:37:07 UTC 2011

Samuel Magnusson <samuel.magnusson5 at bredband.net>, 2011-11-09 21:52 (+0100):

> Because with HAL and DBUS enabled this InputDevice section is bypassed
> unless I also specify Option "AutoAddDevices" "false". Which I
> understand gives the same result as not enabling HAL and DBUS in the
> first place.

If you don't enable HAL and DBUS, you're using an X server compiled with
HAL and DBUS support and you haven't set AutoAddDevices to false you
won't get any input devices at all: no working mouse, no working
keyboard.

At least, this was my experience after an upgrade long ago. Quite
frustrating. I learned about the AutoAddDevices first and later rebuilt
my X server without HAL or DBUS support.

--
http://hack.org/mc/
Plain text e-mails, please. HTML messages sent to me are silently deleted.