operapluginwraper

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Wed Nov 9 00:48:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, ajtiM wrote:

> On my FreeBSD 8.2 Release I use KDE 4 and Opera 11.52.
> Everytime when I start (use) Opera I have operapluginwraper..core in the
> /home directory..
> In the /var/log/mesages I got also:
>
> Nov 8 15:15:20 athena console-kit-daemon[1395]: WARNING: kvm_getenvv
> failed: cannot open /proc/4679/mem

[snip]

> I don't have /proc on my system and I don't know why I should have it?

This might have to do with the linuxulator. At some point I added

linproc  /usr/compat/linux/proc  linprocfs   rw    0    0

...to my /etc/fstab. I have a note in that file saying that it came from
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html

I don't recall if I had to create that directory; I suspect it appeared
automagically. I see:

$ ls -l /usr/compat/linux | grep proc
dr-xr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     0 Nov  8 19:15 proc

...which was just a moment ago.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]