Request for Reproduction Rights (Oxford University Press Spain)

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Nov 7 15:23:22 UTC 2011

> Dear Sir,

Hi,
To quote:
	http://www.freebsd.org/logo.html
"All images listed under the heading "Resource" are available for
use under license from The FreeBSD Foundation."

which links to
	http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/documents/Guidelines.shtml

If you have queries, rather than asking on this questions at freebsd.org,
(where you will at best just get various personal views),
Try someone here if you want something official
	http://freebsdfoundation.org/contact.shtml
eg	board at freebsdfoundation dot org
I added CC for you.

> We are a Spanish Publishing House, Oxford University Press Spain, that =
> publishes textbooks for Spanish primary and secondary school. We are =
> interested in including, in a textbook of secondary education of =
> Computing, the logo of FreeBSD.=20
>
> =20
>
> The logo will be reproduce with educational purposes only. Therefore we =
> would appreciate if you can tell us these reproductions will cause any =
> problem.

I would anticipate no problem (& still no problem either even if
it was commercial so long as used within spirit of [Free]BSD).
(But that's just my individual off the cuff opinion as a long term BSD person)

PS If you also want to use BSD generic logo
(to refer to class of FreeBSD NetBSD OpenBSD & other BSDs etc)
that's copyright of Kirk McKusick his contact is here:
	http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html
You'll find he's also OK no problem, so long as logos only
used appropriately :-)
I added him to CC too.

> =20
>
> If there is no problem with the reproduction, please send me by e-mail =
> an authorisation and the copyright line to credit you in our textbook.

See
	http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/
	http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html

> =20
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> =20
>
> Best regards,
>
> Noelia
>
> =20
>
> _______________________
>
> =20
>
> Noelia Sacrist=E1n Ruiz
>
> Departamento de documentaci=F3n
>
> =20
>
> Oxford University Press Espa=F1a, S.A.
>
> Tlf:   +34 91 660 26 00
>
> Fax: +34 91 660 26 29

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.