zfs file names (inodes) without files (ENOENT)

Martin von Gagern Martin.vGagern at gmx.net
Sun Nov 6 11:32:11 UTC 2011

On 05.11.2011 23:13, Martin von Gagern wrote:
> Is there any
> tool to check or rebuild the inode data structures of zfs? "zpool scrub"
> doesn't seem to fit the bill, as its manpage indicates a computation of
> file content checksums.

Ran a scrub anyway, no errors reported there, problem persist.

Makes me wonder whether I'd be better off with either some OpenSolaris
descendant (hoping that the problem only lies in the FreeBSD port of
ZFS) or with Linux (and either btrfs or some more mature fs).

Unless I can find out what's happening here and how to avoid it from
happening again in the future, that is. Short of paying for ECC RAM and
fancy top-grade HDDs. I still doubt it's hardware failure, and even if
it were I'd rather be able to fix any problems that occur than cling to
the vain hope that I could ever completely avoid them by spending money.

Martin