Problem with mergemaster-p
freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Nov 5 01:23:01 UTC 2011
On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 22:14:10 -0300, Zantgo wrote:
> I have an other problem, when I key "make installworld", get this message:
> make: don't know how to make installworld. Stop
Please read the instructions in the Handbook, or refer
to the comment header in /usr/src/Makefile.
1. `cd /usr/src' (or to the directory containing your source tree).
2. `make buildworld'
3. `make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE' (default is GENERIC).
4. `make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE' (default is GENERIC).
[steps 3. & 4. can be combined by using the "kernel" target]
5. `reboot' (in single user mode: boot -s from the loader prompt).
6. `mergemaster -p'
7. `make installworld'
8. `make delete-old'
9. `mergemaster' (you may wish to use -i, along with -U or -F).
11. `make delete-old-libs' (in case no 3rd party program uses them anymore)
Make sure you also do step 1 when calling mergemaster
# cd /usr/src
# mergemaster -p
# make installworld
# make delete-old
Then reboot into the new OS version.
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...
More information about the freebsd-questions