Adding a devd entry for a specified uhid

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:29:27 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have a USB keyboard that use uhid for multimedia keys, it works pretty
well with usbhidaction but I need to run the command by hand each time.

Because I also have gamepad that are uhid too, I would like to get the
vendor and product id of this keyboard uhid to match the good hid device
with devd and do not try to run usbhidaction on the gamepad.

usbconfig need ugenx.y to deal with vendor and product id so how can I
know the vendor and product id of my uhid device ?

markand at Groseille ~ $ usbconfig
ugen0.1: <EHCI root HUB Intel> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen1.1: <EHCI root HUB Intel> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen0.2: <product 0x0020 vendor 0x8087> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen1.2: <product 0x0020 vendor 0x8087> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen0.3: <USB Multimedia Keyboard BTC> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW
(1.5Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen0.4: <USB Laser Mouse Logitech> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW
(1.5Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen0.5: <EDRClassone vendor 0x0a12> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL
(12Mbps) pwr=ON

markand at Groseille ~ $ dmesg | grep uhid
uhid0: <BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.20, addr 3>
on usbus0

I suspect ugen0.2 to be the uhid but how to be sure?

Cheers,

--
David Demelier