How to change Fluxbox resolution?

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed May 25 18:43:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011, Ed Flecko wrote:

> Thank you both.
>
> I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I have FBSD running inside VMware.
>
> xvidtune says "Video modes are not tunable on this chip" and the only
> entry I have made in xorg.conf if under the Screen section where I
> have a SubSection "Display" that has:
>
> Modes   "1024x768"
>
> entry
>
> Suggestions?

Possibly install the vmWare video driver from
x11-drivers/xf86-video-vmware.  /var/log/Xorg.0.log would show what is
really happening.  It might be as easy as removing the Device section
from xorg.conf so it can autodetect the right driver.  This is
guesswork, since neither the log nor the config file have been shown.