A possibly odd upgrade question

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu May 19 20:40:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, 19 May 2011 16:29:41 -0400, Chris Brennan <xaero at xaerolimit.net> wrote:
> If I go the way of pkg_delete -fravd, will it save configs in
> /usr/local/etc/ ? I just need to know if I need to take the extra step to
> archive that directory beforehand or not....

I would advice to do so, no matter what the pkg_delete
command will cause. If I remember correctly, MODYFIED
files will not be touched (checksum test), and a directory
won't be removed if it contains something that won't
be deleted according to the initial "packing list".

So if anything unexpected happens - you can consult your
"before" configuration files to change the "after" ones,
or simply re-use them if possible.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany