pptpd problem (re-post) [SOLVED]

Mario Lobo lobo at bsd.com.br
Tue May 17 23:03:45 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 17 May 2011 19:14:05 Lokadamus wrote:
> Am 15.05.2011 20:03, schrieb Mario Lobo:
> > Sorry for the re-post but I am really lost here.
> > Any hints, clues, pointers, opinions would be appreciated.
> >
> > I have a VPN server on FBSD 8.1. The vpn closes fine. But as soon as I
> > start doing something with an inside LAN machine i.e. an RDP session, I
> > get this:
> >
> > May 14 12:46:06 suporte pptpd[1958]: GRE: xmit failed from decaps_hdlc:
> > No buffer space available
> > and the VPN tunnel drops.
> >
> > I googled a lot for it but I didn't find any thing that could help.
> > The system WAS working OK before. I tried everything I could think of.
> >
> > Could anyone help?
> > Thanks,
>
> Help this? http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=1528
> Your values are:
>
> net.inet.tcp.recvbuf_inc=16384
> net.inet.tcp.recvbuf_max=16777216
> net.inet.tcp.sendbuf_inc=8192
> net.inet.tcp.sendbuf_max=16777216

I got those settings from
http://fasterdata.es.net/fasterdata/host-tuning/freebsd/

> Is ping working?

Everything is working!. Even the VPN tunnels work. I just can't do much once
in it.

> Have you upgrade to FreeBSD 8.2?

Nope. But I will soon. Production machine. Have to wait for a window.

> Sorry for my bad english :(

Your English is fine!

Anyway, I switched from poptop to mpd5 and the problem went away!
"magic"! I openned 3 RDP sessions through the tunnel and it hanged in there.

Thank you for replying!
--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br