No keyboard after ports update, 2x moused_enable="YES" culprit

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon May 16 18:39:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 11:14:49 -0700, Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> Quoth Warren Block on Monday, 16 May 2011:
> > One problem with getting rid of hal entirely is libgnomeui, which
> > depends on gvfs, which depends on gnome-mount, which depends on hal.

That's what I did assume.

> Yes, that seems to be the sticking point.  The only option appears to be
> doing without gimp, gnumeric, and dia, which all depend upon libgnomeui.
> Any Gnome-free alternatives out there?

Let's see: Gimp -> Krita (KDE) or InkScape? Gnumeric -> KOffice
(if you're already on KDE), OpenOffice, LibreOffice, StarOffice
(or add any other possible *Office to the mix). And dia... I
have to admit that I don't know what this is. :-)

Maybe, just MAYBE, the gnome-mount dependency can be installed
without requiring HAL. I don't know much about the details, but
HAL has been said to be the means for automounting local media,
and maybe is in conjuction with Samba. If you can disable such
functionality via "make config" for the gnome-mount port, MAYBE
there is a chance to avoid HAL in this specific case.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany