No keyboard after ports update, 2x moused_enable="YES" culprit

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Mon May 16 15:15:39 UTC 2011

Quoth Daniel Staal on Monday, 16 May 2011:
> --As of May 16, 2011 10:00:38 AM +0200, Polytropon is alleged to have said:
>
> >On Sun, 15 May 2011 12:18:28 -0700, Chip Camden
> ><sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> >>I wish I could figure
> >>out what dependency wanted HAL to be installed so I could remove it.
> >
> >I would assume that the HAL dependency may be required by
> >some deeper-inside Gnome part that is used by Gimp, maybe
> >a part of the Gtk+ library... I'm not sure it's trivial to
> >find out which one it is.
>
> --As for the rest, it is mine.
>
> Sure it is:
>
> cd /usr/ports/sysutils/hal
> make deinstall
>
> It will list what ports require it.  ;)
>
> Daniel T. Staal

A less destructive way to get the same info is

pkg_info -R hal-0.5.14_13

and 'portversion -v hal' can be used to get the specific version
installed.

After some more investigation, it appears that gnome-mount is the
culprit.  I'm looking into how to exclude that from the consumer apps.

--
.O. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
..O | sterling at camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com