No keyboard after ports update, 2x moused_enable="YES" culprit

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Mon May 16 03:25:42 UTC 2011

--As of May 15, 2011 8:03:29 PM -0700, perryh at pluto.rain.com is alleged to
have said:

> The AT and PS/2 keyboard interfaces are electrically identical --
> only the physical connector is different.  (I have seen, and used,
> adapters to connect either type of keyboard to the other type of
> system.  Such adapters have no active components, just the two
> connectors wired together.)

--As for the rest, it is mine.

The physical connector is all that actually needs to be different: Hot-swap
interfaces make a point of connecting ground before power, usually be
longer ground pins.  Although I don't think it matters in this case.

I could check, but I'd have to unplug my keyboard from the computer I'm on.
;)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.