Unable to boot installer

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Sun May 15 14:30:17 UTC 2011

--As of May 15, 2011 5:08:10 AM +0200, Cybil Courraud is alleged to have
said:

> I met the same problem with my x220 which is not resolved but you can
> follow this workaround:
>
> 1 - Plug an external USB keyboard
> 2 - boot with a memstick with 8.2
> 3 - In the loader:
>      set hint.atkbd.0.disabled=1
>      boot
> 4 - Follow install via network or other
> 5 - Setup BIOS: Config > USB UEFI BIOS > disabled
> 6 - reboot

Thanks, that got me going.  Any idea if this is fixed in -CURRENT?  (I may
try it anyway.)

> You could try with a CD, directly without UEFI, it may work as is (I
> didn't burn it for the exercise).

That would be a problem unless you have a dock; turning off the USB UEFI
BIOS makes it unable to boot from any USB device.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.