Hard drive detection

Dillin Smith dillinsmith at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:36:11 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  I'm having an issue getting my installation of FreeBSD to detect all the
drives in the system. It has 48 total, 46 2TB, and 2 250GB. The system
consists of six controllers, with eight drives on each. The two 250GB hard
drives are the first drives on controllers 0 and 1.

  There are two of these machines with the exact same configurations, having
the same problem. A very odd thing is that every time the systems are
rebooted, the drives that go undetected vary. Also, when the systems were
full of 250GB drives, all were detected. All drives are detected in the BIOS
of the controllers, just not by FreeBSD.

(output of dmesg attached)

--
ds