(8.2) amd64 + linuxulator + nvidia driver is it stable ?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed May 11 16:02:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 10:14:47 -0500
Mark Felder <feld at feld.me> articulated:

> On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:19:06 -0500, Mario Lobo <lobo at bsd.com.br>
> wrote:
>
> > You should try the devel version.
>
> I'll consider it, but I rarely use Firefox and furthermore Chromium
> and Opera don't use nspluginwrapper and have the same issue. This
> makes me think it has nothing to do with nspluginwrapper.

Does anyone know why the "x11/nvidia-driver" port has not been updated?
The latest version is 270.41.06 according to the nVidia page:
<http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html> &
<http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x64-270.41.06-driver.html> for 64
bit systems and
<http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x86-270.41.06-driver.html> for 32
bit systems.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies, ignored
or reported as Spam. Do not CC this poster.