Fw: OpenVPN Setup

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 23:59:42 UTC 2011

________________________________
From: Kevin Wilcox <kevin.wilcox at gmail.com>
To: Bill Tillman <btillman99 at yahoo.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 7:42:21 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: OpenVPN Setup

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 19:19, Bill Tillman <btillman99 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK I know I saw this somewhere but it eludes me now. I have generated the keys
> and certificates for the server and client on my FreeBSD server. I then copied
> them over to my Windows laptop but apparently cannot find where I'm supposed
> copy them to. And my replies keep getting blocked by some kind of spam filter.

The client conf and all certs can go in one directory under

(32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config\

(64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files(x86)\OpenVPN\config\

kmw

This is a very frustrating process but I think I'm getting there. The files I
created on the FreeBSD server which I copied over are:

   client1.crt
   client1.csr
   client1.key

But the windows setup appears that it wants one of these files to be called
client.ovpn. Of course I can't give all of them that name so I'm stumped again.