Fw: OpenVPN Setup

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 23:32:53 UTC 2011

________________________________

From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com>
To: Bill Tillman <btillman99 at yahoo.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 6:39:48 PM
Subject: Re: OpenVPN Setup

OK I know I saw this somewhere but it eludes me now. I have generated the keys
and certificates for the server and client on my FreeBSD server. I then copied
them over to my Windows laptop but apparently cannot find where I'm supposed to
copy them to. And my replies keep getting blocked by some kind of spam filter.
On May 10, 2011, at 3:31 PM, Bill Tillman wrote:
> One more thing. I am going to need the Windows Client but I don't seem to find
>that at the OpenVPN site, only the full install which I assume installs the
>server as well as the client. Or am I missing the link to get just the client
>install. I would like to keep the overhead to a minimum.

There isn't different software for server and client; OpenVPN performs either
role depending on how it is configured.
Given that the Windows installer is very close to the size of a 1.4 MB floppy,
you're likely consuming about twenty cents worth of disk space, or about a
dollar's worth of SSD space.

Regards,
--
-Chuck