kernel and buildworld questions

Mage mage at mage.hu
Tue May 10 20:25:59 UTC 2011

On 05/10/2011 10:16 PM, Pierre-Luc Drouin wrote:

> It is not necessarily the -O. It can also be the -march=native ...
gcc46 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fPIC -L.  -rdynamic   main.o dmydln.o
dmyencoding.o dmyversion.o miniprelude.o array.o  bignum.o  class.o
compar.o  complex.o  dir.o  dln_find.o  enum.o  enumerator.o  error.o
eval.o  load.o  proc.o  file.o  gc.o  hash.o  inits.o  io.o  marshal.o
math.o  node.o  numeric.o  object.o  pack.o  parse.o  process.o
random.o  range.o  rational.o  re.o  regcomp.o  regenc.o  regerror.o
regexec.o  regparse.o  regsyntax.o  ruby.o  safe.o  signal.o  sprintf.o
st.o  strftime.o  string.o  struct.o  time.o  transcode.o  util.o
variable.o  compile.o  debug.o  iseq.o  vm.o  vm_dump.o  thread.o
cont.o  ascii.o us_ascii.o unicode.o utf_8.o  newline.o  close.o
dmyext.o -lthr -lrt -lcrypt -lm   -o miniruby
*** Signal 4

I am absolutely sure that I successfully compiled the very same ruby
version with RVM and a fresh PCBSD  install.

I can't recall if I did it with any of my FreeBSD installs (I did 2 or
3, playing with ZFS). Propably didn't.

Now I try to revert to an early snapshot and see.

        Mage