Sending a Fax

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Tue May 10 08:58:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Bill Tillman <btillman99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I knew this thread would bring up some ironies. For the record it's all in their
> minds. E-Mails have been upheld in the US Court system as legal documents.

Maybe. But as soon as you have to interact with non-US companies or
administrations, you'll have to revert to fax, because in their legislations,
that's the only legally binding document in addition to real letters.

> IMHO...Faxing is so last century.

Yes, but that's the way the world is. Not everyone has transitioned to
authenticated e-mails. Most legal systems didn't, for some very good
security reasons. At least, I'm relieved that we don't have to fall back
to an even older technology than fax: telex (anyone remember that?)

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/