Kernel errors after upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon May 9 15:42:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, 09 May 2011 08:54:29 -0400
Robert Fitzpatrick <robert at webtent.org> articulated:

> After following the handbook Chapter 24 to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2, I
> am getting kernel errors for various postfix commands...

{snip}

I would strongly suggest that you post this on the Postfix forum. Be
sure to follow the directions at:

http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html

<snippet>

Reporting problems to postfix-users at postfix.org

When reporting a problem, be sure to include the following information.

A summary of the problem. Please do not just send some logging without
explanation of what YOU believe is wrong.

Complete error messages. Please use cut-and-paste, or use attachments,
instead of reciting information from memory.

Output from "postconf -n". Please do not send your main.cf file, or
500+ lines of postconf output.

Better, provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.

The output from the "postfinger" tool is always the best option.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies, ignored
or reported as Spam. Do not CC this poster.