Sending a Fax

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri May 6 17:31:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Bill Tillman <btillman99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I read the other replies to your post so let me put in my 2 cents worth. For the
> last few years, I have basically abandoned faxing in favor of e-mailing PDF and
> other document files. Paperless is not only more efficient but its green too.

Believe it or not, there are industries where faxing is still the
norm.  Many industrial suppliers want purchase orders by fax.  It also
seems to be the common way that pharmacies communicate with doctors'
offices.  These are conservative industries where email (and
especially, email attachments) are still viewed with some suspicion.
A lot of times these days the actual endpoint is a digital fax system,
though; sometimes the fax never actually reaches paper.