FreeBSD mirror server on a Debian operating system?

Gökşin Akdeniz goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:46:02 UTC 2011

> So my question is: can I have a mirror of a FreeBSD server on my public
> server that run already a Debian operating system?

You can keep a mirror of a FreeBSD server but storage and bandwith
consumption depends on what you want to "mirror". I guess you will
consume all your bandwith with copying of all packages from the FreeBSD
main/mirror sites to your local server.

Instead of working with packages, I suggest working with ports. As you
have already installed a base system, you can install anything with ports.

--
Gökşin Akdeniz (Gökşin Akdeniz) <goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com>
Anahtar parmakizi = FE10 8C14 A144 4FDE BE18  D5E3 E758 F49A 8A5D F8AE