gkrellm2 GnuTLS and OpenSSL, conky doesn't work :(

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:37:52 UTC 2011

On 21/03/2011 16:57, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD experts,
>
> I wanted to install gkrellm2 and I get the following error.
>
> grullahighschool# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/
> grullahighschool# cd gkrellm2
> grullahighschool# pwd
> /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm2
> grullahighschool# make install clean
> ===>   gkrellm-2.3.4_3 is marked as broken: GnuTLS and OpenSSL is
> mutually exclusive..
> *** Error code 1

I think this is an error easy to understand for people that speak a
little english.

You can't install gkrellm2 with both GNUTLS and OPENSSL options at the
same time!

Do make config and disable GNUTLS (it's the default thus I assume you
probably enabled it)

> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm2.
>

> I then thought to myself conky can do the job too, so I tried to
> install it and it succeeded, but when I try to run it, I get the
> following:
>
> [olivares at grullahighschool ~]$ conky
> Conky: no readable personal or system-wide config file found

You may need to write a ~/.conkyrc to run properly conky. Please read
conky. It's easy to understand or search for conky examples on the web.

> I am running 8.1 freebsd
>
> [olivares at grullahighschool ~]$ uname -a
> FreeBSD grullahighschool.rgccisd.org 8.1-RELEASE-p0 FreeBSD
> 8.1-RELEASE-p0 #0: Mon Jul 26 08:26:45 UTC 2010
> root at hybrid.freebsdgr.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> Thanks for any pointers as to how to solve at least one of the two.
> If I can get conky to work, I'd be happy or get gkrellm running XFCE
> as the desktop.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

Cheers,