Wireless always getting down/up

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:08:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

In my university there is a special WPA-EAP access point used for safety.

I can't get a connection alive 15 minutes without being deconnected..

I noticed these messages when the problem appears :

Mar 21 11:58:42 Melon wpa_supplicant[351]: CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP
authentication started
Mar 21 11:58:42 Melon wpa_supplicant[351]: CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP
vendor 0 method 21 (TTLS) selected
Mar 21 11:58:42 Melon wpa_supplicant[351]: OpenSSL:
tls_connection_handshake - Failed to read possible Application Data
error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

Is this a wpa_supplicant/openssl trouble ?

This is the following configuration I must use (provided by my university)

network={
	priority=10
	ssid="eduroam"
	proto=WPA2 WPA
	scan_ssid=1
	key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
	pairwise=TKIP
	group=TKIP
	eap=TTLS
	ca_cert="/etc/iut-cert.pem"
	anonymous_identity="anonymous at u-strasbg.fr"
	phase2="auth=PAP"
	identity="myusername"
	password="mypasssword"
}

Disabling ca_cert or enabling does not solve.

Cheers,

--
David Demelier