adding SRV records to a FreeBSD server

Ilya Kazakevich kazakevichilya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:25:13 UTC 2011

Hello,

What name server do you use? I am almost sure you have BIND.

You must open your zonefile, add SRV record and reload zone.
I think your zonefile is somewhere in /etc/namedb/

read bind manual, man named and man ndc (or rndc) to solve your problem.
Your question is not about freebsd but about BIND.
http://www.bind9.net/manuals