Updating OpenSSH

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:47:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:32:48 -0700
Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> articulated:

> On Mar 16, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Carmel wrote:
> > OK, then does that mean that the latest version will be used in the
> > still not released 9 version of FreeBSD?
>
> Currently, no-- TRUNK has:
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/crypto/openssh/version.h
>
> Revision 1.41: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for
> diffs Thu Nov 11 11:46:19 2010 UTC (4 months ago) by des
> Branches: MAIN
> CVS tags: HEAD
> Diff to: previous 1.40: preferred, colored
> Changes since revision 1.40: +3 -3 lines
> SVN rev 215116 on 2010-11-11 11:46:19Z by des
>
> Upgrade to OpenSSH 5.6p1.

Out of some sort of morbid curiosity, why would the FreeBSD developers
not update to the latest version? It appears to be stable and I have not
seen anything to state otherwise. There are apparently, (obviously)
differences between the latest and the version presently used in
FreeBSD and I assume the proposed one for the 9.x branch. Mathew
alluded to that. In any case, since 9.x is not due out for a while, it
would appear to me me anyways that now would be a good time to consider
making the switch.

Just my 2¢.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com

The latest toy has just hit the shops - a talking Muslim doll. Nobody
knows what the hell it says because no one's got the balls to pull the
cord.