HAL must die!

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Wed Mar 16 15:11:01 UTC 2011

Quoth Robert Huff on Wednesday, 16 March 2011:
> Erich Dollansky writes:
>
> >  > The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
> >  > choose from.
> >
> >  when it comes to screwing, we use - at least outside the USA -
> >  metric screws. M3, M4 ... M10 ...
> >
> >  We do not care much who manufactured them.
> >
> >  The software industry is still far away from this.
>
> 	... in part, because the definition of a "screw" is not yet
> fixed.

Microsoft seems to understand the definition of "screw" well enough for
its own purposes.  The rest of us just don't like being on the receiving
end of it.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://chipsquips.com  | http://camdensoftware.com   | http://chipstips.com