HAL must die!

Da Rock freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Tue Mar 15 23:36:45 UTC 2011

On 03/08/11 03:00, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 07:31:43AM -0800, Nerius Landys wrote:
>
>> Sorry I could not help but to realize the title of this forum discussion.
>>
>> "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that."  :-/
>>
> "I'm sorry Dave.  I'm afraid I can't do that."
>
> (full quote)
>
>      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk
>
> Did you know you can configure YouTube to use HTML5 instead of Flash now?
> Adobe is in danger of becoming irrelevant.

Yay!

Unfortunately that dream may never be satisfied while stupid corporate
media giants have a desire to keep things closed up. And now we have
#%$^%& silverlight to deal with- open source cooperation my ass! Just
got v2 running and now everything requires v3.0...

That may not affect too much in business, but any corp that has ties
with M$ is pushed to use it., meaning desktop users are left without
entertainment. My wife can't watch some tv sites because of that now-
after finally! getting flash working and watching catch up tv and the
like to come a cropper again with a new format... :(

If only people would stick to open standards...