Buildworld on flacky hardware

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat Mar 12 12:02:59 UTC 2011

Hi:

I previously wrote about buildworld failure, it turns out to be flacky
hardware. Since then I have tried to reboot on every failure and start
building againg. It compiles fine for a 3-5 hours, then fails at
different places.

It seems that a new make buildworld does not pickup from where it
failed, but deletes files at the beginning or something.

Is there a way to split the buildworld target into sub targets such as
to not restart every time?

I know there is the -DNO_CLEAN option, but I'd prefer to build
succesfully each subtarget rather than resume upon failure.

Thanks, Erik

--
Erik Nørgaard
Ph: +34.666334818                                http://www.locolomo.org