any friendly folk willing to teach an old foggie how to configure kde/ gnome on freebsd?

Foo JH jhfoo-ml at extracktor.com
Thu Mar 10 01:51:18 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I know the steps are documented on the Handbook and all. I've tried to
read, follow, and re-read the steps, but I'm not still getting any
popular window manager up and running on my FreeBSD servers. Meanwhile
new hires are seduced by the comes-with-it windows manager via Ubuntu
Desktop (yes, they abstained from the server edition because they really
wanted the GUI).

If there is a kind soul who is willing to guide me through via IM (MSN/
Yahoo/ Skype), I'd much appreciate it. Please don't flame me for this
email!

Thanks.