GRASS: 6.4.0: where is the postgresql (pg) driver?

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 7 15:12:15 UTC 2011

Hello.
I desperately try to connect to a PostgreSQL DB server using GRASS
(6.4.0 as from the recent ports). The documentation of GRASS, even the
most recent one, reports using the 'driver=pg' option. Having already
set up a database in PostgreSQL (server 9.0.4), the admin user properly
specified is capable to connect from console (terminal) or pgadmin3
client. But using GRASS, only 'dbf', 'sqlite' and 'ogr' as drivers are
offered. I tried to figure out whether 'ogr' could cover postgresql
connects, but there isn't any information about that, not even in GRASS'
documentation (I haven't found any yet).
I suspect the 'pg'-driver isn't correctly included in GRASS so I'd like
to ask someone already has used PostgreSQL as the DB backend for GRASS GIS.

Thanks in advance.

Oliver