mysql missing from my home-page WordPress....

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Fri Mar 4 19:51:21 UTC 2011

Quoth Gary Kline on Friday, 04 March 2011:

✂ snip ✂

> 	it into my www/data/blog/* and extract.  My proposed site is
> 	titled "...And miles to go before I sleep"; the blog directory
> 	is, literally "blog".  (I posted a question on the forum about
> 	where to change the author info and someone said it was
> 	"www.home/blog/author/authorID" --IIRC.  I didn't understand the
> 	answer.)

✂ snip ✂

	It's in the MySQL database.  You change it by going into the
	admin panel (www.home/blog/wp-admin) then go to the general
	settings (on the left sidebar, under "Settings" click "General"
	or navigate to www.home/blog/wp-admin/options-general.php).

✂ snip ✂

> 	I just found the WP-3.1.zip file in my ~/Downloads directory.  I
> 	had not looked.  On the WP.org forum I claimed to be running 3.1
> 	rather than 3.0.4. Could have have nosed me somehow?  How
> 	tightly integrated are the clients integrated with WordPress?
> 	Another thin I don't quite get is whether this group in a
> 	non-profit [.org] or a for-profit [.com].

	Wordpress.org is the site for the open source Wordpress project.
	It's where you download sources, and where everything's
	documented.  Wordpress.com is a site where you can sign up for a
	free account that they host.

	You might want to bookmark http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page

✂ snip ✂

--