fubar'ed it good this time...

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jun 28 03:24:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 06:40:27 -0700, Kurt Buff wrote:
> Your advice sounds reasonable, but that site seems devoted to zfs bootables.
>
> I wonder if an 8.1 livefs iso will do the trick...

Check if you can download FreeSBIE somewhere. It's a live system
using the 5.x and 6.x kernel which should be fine. Next to two
GUI modes (light, heavy) it also has a versatile "maintenance mode"
for such operations. I have already successfully used this system
for solving similar situations, for diagnostics, and for data
recovery preparation.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany