freebsd list admins?

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 02:15:02 UTC 2011

On Thursday, June 23, 2011 08:10:29 PM Randy Pratt wrote:
> I don't think making a list writable only to subscribers solves
> anything since it seems the spammers are already subscribed.  This only
> makes it difficult for others like myself who read the lists online and
> only post occasionally.

Making it writable to subscribers only in-and-of-itself does not solve the
problem, but it is one of two things together that will fix the repeated
spammer problem. The second is removing and banning offenders. Without making
the list subscriber only there is no way to get rid of spammers. Additionally,
for your situation, you can filter everything from the list to /dev/null.