freebsd list admins?

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Fri Jun 24 00:33:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> It is my personal view that FreeBSD-Questions should be consolidated
> into the chat forum. Chat forums are rarely moderated and tend to be
> open to the general public.

Some of us have workflows that favor e-mail over those newfangled web
forums for reasons well beyond this thread. Please leave questions@
as it is. It is good enough, IMHO, and one of the better communities
out there in terms of technical knowledge and friendliness w.r.t. all
sorts of questions.

Oh, and as to many users not posting in a more focused manner
to -stable@, -current@, -hackers@ etc..., the reason is quite simple:
many issues are common to all branches, and there isn't a -common@
for those general questions, and not just for newbies.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/