can't build graphics/xfig-3.2.5b on 8.2-STABLE nordatabases/p5-DBD-Oracle with lang/perl5.14

kcrhyst at kcrhyst at
Thu Jun 23 21:14:50 UTC 2011

Ce message a été envoyé depuis un terminal BlackBerry de Bouygues Telecom

-----Original Message-----
From: William Bulley <web at>
Sender: owner-freebsd-questions at
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:39:17 
To: <freebsd-ports at>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at>
Subject: can't build graphics/xfig-3.2.5b on 8.2-STABLE nor
	databases/p5-DBD-Oracle with lang/perl5.14

First there is the xfig issue:

No matter what the setting is for I18N (WITH or WITHOUT) there is this:

cc -c -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe       -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libpng -I/usr/local/include/X11 -I. -I/usr/local/include    -DCSRG_BASED  -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO                                              -DUSE_INLINE -DUSE_XPM -DXAW3D -DXAW3D1_5E                     -DUSE_JPEG -DI18N  -DNEWARROWTYPES    e_edit.c
e_edit.c: In function 'generic_window':
e_edit.c:3214: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
e_edit.c: In function 'str_panel':
e_edit.c:4252: error: 'XtNinternational' undeclared (first use in this function)
e_edit.c:4252: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
e_edit.c:4252: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig/work/xfig.3.2.5b.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig.
*** Error code 1

I tracked this down to a problem in the Imakefile around line 153:

   #define I18N

This line was not commented out when building xfig using:

   # make install   (and WITHOUT_I18N=true inside /var/db/ports/xfig/options)

Looking further I found these two lines:

   -XCOMM #define I18N
   +#define I18N

inside the /usr/ports/graphics/xfig/files/patch-Imakefile patch file.  I think
this may be incorrect.  After commenting out the #define in the Imakefile, the
build of xfig was successful.

Secondly, I found that building databases/p5-DBD-Oracle when Perl 5.14 (from
lang/perl5.14) was present failed in the compilation of the Oracle.c file.
It seems that several Perl constants sv_undef, sv_yes, and sv_no (and others)
changed between Perl 5.12.3 and Perl 5.14 to PL_sv_undef, PL_yes, and PL_sv_no,
respectively.  I didn't take the time to debug this further since I had other
Perl 5.14 issues that forced me to completely rebuild my system from scratch
starting with Perl 5.12.3 (lang/perl5.12) this time.  Once I had Perl 5.12.3
built, databases/p5-DBD-Oracle built just fine.

My other problems with Perl 5.14 were observed trying to launch apache2 (2.2.19)
with mod_perl2 (2.0.5).  Those problems also went away once I rebuilt my ports
starting with Perl 5.12.3 version.  This makes me suspect Perl 5.14 changes or
the effect those changes have had on other ports in the ports tree.



William Bulley                     Email: web at

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|

freebsd-questions at mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe at"

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list