(email) server connection problem : Help

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 18:43:17 UTC 2011

On Jun 20, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Mark Moellering wrote:
> 69.41.172.62            mail.grissomhigh1981.org
> [ ... ]
> 69.41.172.180           mail.porthuronhighschool.info
> =======
>
> DNS checks out.
> I think I am running ssl.  I am checking postfix and dovecot.  The odd thing is the ssh.  I looked at some old troubleshooting tips and ran netstat -anf inet and this is what it returned

The two IPs above don't have SSH listening.  Perhaps you configured these IPs onto the box after SSH was started, in which case it might not accept connections to them?

Restarting sshd might be an easy way to check; otherwise verify your list of IPs your NIC considers to be local with ifconfig.

Regards,
--
-Chuck