How to connect a projector to a FreeBSD laptop?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Jun 20 16:57:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:32:55 -0700 (PDT), Unga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a laptop running FreeBSD 8.1 with X server 1.7.5.
>
> I need to connect a projector to this laptop to show a presentation.
>
> After connect the projector to the laptop, I had rebooted the
> laptop, the projector's screen just blink only.
>
> Could somebody please highlight to me how to successfully connect
> a projector and what configurations needs to be done?

You did correctly connect the projector before starting the
machine. On most laptops you'll find a "CRT/LCD" key (usually
among the PF keys on top) you need to press with the "Fn" key.
This will cycle through three modes: LCD only -> LCD and CRT ->
CRT only. Press this once or twice, and you should get output
on the projector.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany