ZFS and cp -x

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Sun Jun 19 14:22:42 UTC 2011

--As of June 19, 2011 10:49:58 AM +0400, Eir Nym is alleged to have said:

> zfs mount contains:
> zpoo/usr/ports /usr/ports
> zpool/usr/ports/distfiles /usr/ports/distfiles
>
> when I try to cp -Rx, distfiles will be copied too.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

The distfiles directory, or the distfiles themselves?  If it's following
the Gnu semantics (and from my test it was) it should create an empty
distfiles directory.

All I can say is that on my 8.2-RELEASE system, it worked correctly when I
tested it.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.