Auto Reply: Re: Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 19 13:11:29 UTC 2011

Jerry wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 04:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Dave Segleau <dave.segleau at oracle.com> articulated:
>
>> I am out of the office until June 20th. I will only have intermittent
>> access to email. I will read and reply to your message when I get
>> back to the office.
>>
>> If you need assistance with a Berkeley DB or Product Management issue
>> while I am away, please contact ashok.joshi at oracle.com.
>
> Yes, another malfunctioning / incorrectly configured "vacation / auto
> reply" program. I often wonder if anyone actually takes the few minutes
> required to check to make sure the program is working correctly.

The extremely busy lifestyle of the multi-tasking office worker is such that
they have no time or attention span for actually paying much attention to
anything.

They will always have 50 million things going on at once, and as they time-
slice through their day, priorities shift in real-time necessitating the
need to interrupt task A because another multi-tasker has deemed task B now
more important. With ever increasing input from larger pools of colleagues
the rate of interrupt accelerates, creating the guarantee no task will ever
be completed.

So, myriad sub-tasks are never operated on long enough and with sufficient
attention to bring about a quality completion.  But the multi-tasking office
worker can now proclaim: "I did 50 million things today and I was so good at
it I need a vacation and a salary increase".

And: "I'm so important I absolutely must let everyone know".

</tongue-in-cheek>  :-)

-Mike