How are conflicts between packages resolved?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sun Jun 19 05:10:07 UTC 2011

I see the messages like below. One package depends on unixODBC, and it
can't be installed because the other packages install files in the same
place.
So what is the general solution? I don't think this situation is normal,
when some packages are mutually exclusive.

Yuri

---- log ----
===> unixODBC-2.3.0_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
libiodbc-3.52.7
virtuoso-6.1.3

They install files into the same place.
You may want to stop build with Ctrl + C.
===> Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===> License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE

===> unixODBC-2.3.0_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
libiodbc-3.52.7
virtuoso-6.1.3

They will not build together.
Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1