Strange memory reading (hardware)

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Thu Jun 16 22:11:27 UTC 2011

It's quite simple really, it's another hidden tax - "Redistribution of RAM".  You see, even with all the entitlement programs "poor" people can't afford more than 512MB of RAM.  As you are certainly aware that's not enough to watch YouTube and Hulu on their government funded (tax payer funded) ultra high speed internet connections.  So, the government has taken some of your RAM (as you obviously can afford to buy more if needed) and will give it to those who really NEED it - so while they sit around collecting government aid (tax payer earnings) their streaming video's will play smoothly.

Woa - I guess I digressed a bit...

Ummm, sorry - I don't know why this would be.  Is there some memory mapped video (or disk controller?) stealing RAM?