Going STABLE in 64bit

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jun 16 16:00:39 UTC 2011

On 6/16/2011 11:49 AM, Andy Wodfer wrote:
> Hi, I'm running 8.2 REL. Are there any specific things to be aware of when compiling kernel and making world in 64bit? Required kernel modules etc?

I sometimes forget that the kernel config is in
 cd /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/
and not
 cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/

... so I will be editing the wrong kernel config file, rebuilding, and
not understanding why the changes are not reflected in my kernel as
loaded.  But other than that and a little longer build times, all is
pretty much the same

Just to be clear, you have an existing 64bit 8.2 system you are just
updating to stable right ?

	---Mike