finding kernel 'r' number

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Thu Jun 16 12:57:17 UTC 2011

On 06/16/2011 02:28 PM, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:16:45 -0400
> Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:
>
>> 	For some time now, people have been referring to what build
>> they're using by the 'r' number, which I believe to be part of svn.
>> 	How would one go about determining this value for the
>> installed kernel?
> I'm not sure you can: the revision only shows up if you have svn
> installed (devel/subversion-freebsd) and have built the kernel from code
> checked out from the svn server.

You might want to read:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/SubversionPrimer

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.