versions of software

spidey viperbbs at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 15 15:33:26 UTC 2011

Good morning.

I have never used Freebsd.  For that matter, I have not used Linux since
the early 1990s (1993 to be exact)  Anyway...
BTW - I have  your logo on my xwindows on the Linux box I am trying to
setup.  I think it's great.

I have a need to use sendmail and DNS bind. Can someone tell me which
versions of sendmail and DNS Bind are in the current Ubuntu 10??   In
your opinion, are they  going to be  hard to install.  I was going to
use (Linux) Redhat but, could not figure out where the files were not to
mention, I see there are some security issues with the version I have
and updating looks like it would be hard as trying to pull teeth from
Godzilla when he's got tooth ache and motheras flying around his head
while smacking him in the head with a wing.  In other words...... on a
bad day it looks hard.

That being said, I have a Dell 2650  dual 3200s, with 6 gig of memory
and 36gig hard drive space.  I only need it for a test and was wondering
how this would work under Freebsd.  If someone could let me know, I
would really appreciate it.

  Thanks much for  your time

Andre