Squeezebox Server 7.6 failed to load: YAML::Syck

Carl Chave online at chave.us
Mon Jun 13 04:22:53 UTC 2011

I'm running FreeBSD 8.2-RC3 and use Squeezebox Server (v7.5.1, r30836,
Tue Jun  1 07:00:00 MDT 2010).  Squeezebox Server 7.6 has experimental
native support for UPnP media renderers (of which I have many) and I
wanted to try it out.  I downloaded the latest tarball and when I run
slimserver.pl I get the following error:

The following modules failed to load: YAML::Syck

*******

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the
buildme.sh
script located here:

http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.6/trunk/vendor/CPAN/

If 7.6 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.6" with the
major version
You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If
the installers
don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

of Squeezebox Server you are running.

*******

Exiting..

The version of Perl seems to be OK:

sodserve# perl -v

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for amd64-freebsd

When I install /usr/ports/textproc/p5-YAML-Syck it's supposedly
already installed:

===>  Installing for p5-YAML-Syck-1.17
===>   p5-YAML-Syck-1.17 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.10.1 - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if textproc/p5-YAML-Syck already installed
===>   p5-YAML-Syck-1.17 is already installed

cpan install gives me:

YAML::Syck is up to date (1.17)

I'm not really sure what else to check.  Can someone point me in the
right direction?

Carl