Long Day's Journey into <Bleep>

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Jun 9 19:03:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 10:25:27AM -0400, Mike L wrote:
> whats this have to do with freebsd questions?
> You seem to have a bad habit of spamming the mailing list with mundane BS.

Bringing things back to FreeBSD again . . .

Are parts available for building an inexpensive switch, perhaps with the
ability to use a stripped-down FreeBSD to run the thing?  The closest
I've found so far is this:

    http://www.automationworld.com/products-2039

It says "make your own", but it looks to me like what they mean by that
is "put it in your own box and brand it with your name; power supply not
included".

The hardware requirements for building a switch are, unfortunately,
outside my area of expertise.