Partitioning with gpart or old style slices?

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat Jun 4 22:14:46 UTC 2011

Hi:

I just realized how many years ago I haven't been partitioning any disks
.. this system is so stable :) So, now I see I have gpart as alternative
to fdisk/bsdlabel.

I have a 320GB disk which will be dedicated to FBSD, is there any
advantage - or any problems (problems as in I've never tried that
before) - using gpart instead of the "old" scheme?

Do I need kernel modules not in the generic kernel or create extra boot
partition?

Thanks, Erik