src upgrading jails (no ezjail, no "service" jails)

Aleksandr Miroslav alexmiroslav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:42:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Greg Larkin <glarkin at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Those commands will update the base system in the jail directory
> "jaildir1" with the latest bits that were previously compiled with
> "make buildworld". don't believe they will disturb any other data in
> /usr/local, if that's what you are concerned about.

Yeah, I ran it and it mostly worked, although running "mergemaster -p -D
/path/to/jail" before installworld didn't really back up files like it
normally does, but I was able to pull the most recent backup and fix
that.

> I use ezjail here, and it will automate a lot of these steps for you.
> Is there a reason that you can't use it?

I didn't create these jails with ezjails, so I was working under the
impression that I could not use ezjail to upgrade them. Is that not
correct?

Alex