disappearing files

admin at prnet.org admin at prnet.org
Thu Jul 28 10:30:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

Dmesg returns no error. Also smartctl returns no errors. I will wait for
other suggestion before unmounting the volume in this machine for the case
someone else has another suggestion what to check for, because it might be
that by umounting and remounting, it will take again a few month for the
problem to reappear.

On the other machine that was having the problem, dmesg and smartctl also
returned no errors. I rebooted the machine and started fsck which also
returned no error. On remounting, everything was working again.

Bye,
David Arendt